We do. We speak “sausage” or “Wurst” fluently at the 8th Annual Wurstfest and do we have a lot to brag about! 19 sausages in all to be exact. Of course, there are many other foods available for your enjoyment, but we want to brag about our sausages this time.
Glockenspiel Restaurant will be serving 4 sausages, hand produced by Ebner’s Custom Meats in Canby. Ebner’s sausages are all 100% natural beef and pork, gluten-free, with no fillers, extenders or MSG.
* Bratwurst is made from finely ground pork lightly seasoned with nutmeg, onion and white pepper.
* Smoked German Wurst is made with coarser ground beef and pork seasoned with garlic, onion, and black pepper and mustard seed.
* Smoked Sweet Apple Wurst is made with ground pork seasoned with a blend of nutmeg and sage, white pepper and fresh apple.
* Vegetarian Sausage is new this year to Wurstfest and is made with coarse ground polenta, onions, garlic, cheeses, mushrooms, spinach and sundried tomatoes.
All Glockenspiel sausages are served on a Fressen Bakery brioche bun with a choice of curry ketchup, coarse ground German mustard, sweet hot mustard and/or grilled onions and sauerkraut.
Mt. Angel Sausage Company offers 10 handmade artisan sausages made in Mt. Angel with pure, lean meats with no fillers or preservatives. The only items added to the meat are the fresh spices for flavor.
* Bratwurst is a mild, yet lean, pork sausage and the most popular.
* Currywurst is an all pork sausage made with Madras sweet curry spices smothered in a special homemade curry sauce
* Firehouse Brats come in 1, 2, 3, or 4 alarm. Pick your heat!!! A portion of these sales throughout the year go to support Mt. Angel’s First Responders.
* Fricadelwurst is an all-natural chicken sausage made with thirteen different spices that create a medley of flavors.
* Smoked German Wurst – New this year for Wurstfest, but always served at the Mt. Angel Fireman’s Breakfast.
* Smoked Kase Kreiner is a pork and beef sausage mixed with Emmenthaler cheese smoked to yummy perfection.
All of the sausages are served on a stadium bun with grilled sauerkraut, grilled onions and your choice of mustards or curry sauce.
* Smoked Wurst Patty – New this year, is a smoked German Wurst in patty form served on a pretzel bun with sauerkraut and onions.
The Urban German Grill is grilling up 5 German sausages made exclusively with Carlton Farms meat. All produced to exacting specifications using the finest and freshest ingredients.
* Bavarian Spicy Bierwurst has a spicy wood flavor and is made from organic pork shoulder with salt and spicy paprika.
* Berliner Currywurst is smoky, made with organic beef and pork, onion, paprika and a touch of garlic and served with house-made ketchup.
* Smoked German Bratwurst is made with organic beef and pork, onion, paprika with a touch of garlic.
* Bavarian Weisswurst is made from natural pork with onions and parsley. It is light colored in the original Bavarian Style
All Urban German sausages are served on a Kaiser roll with braised German sauerkraut and house-made mustards.
*Frankfurters are made from all organic beef and are wrapped in Pretzel dough
See you at Wurstfest! (Hosted by the Mt. Angel Chamber of Commerce)
February 5 & 6, 2016
10am-10pm both days
All the festivities under one roof in the
Mt. Angel Community Festhalle
500 S. Wilco Hwy.
Mt. Angel, OR 97362
Courtesy Mt. Angel Wurstfest